- Feel a sense of awe walking into the Great Hall to see the Round Table
- Learn about the history of William the Conqueror and King Arthur
- Explore the grounds of Winchester Cathedral where Jane Austen is buried
- View the iconic statue of King Alfred the Great and listen to his story
- Walk along the banks of the River Itchen which inspired John Keats
Discover the legends of King Arthur and other historic tales on a guided walking tour in Winchester. Explore William the Conqueror's Castle before strolling along the highstreet to Winchester Cathedral. Hear the echoes of John Keats' poetry as you wander along the banks of the River Itchen.
Make your way to the West Gate to meet your friendly guide and group for the day. Enter Winchester Castle built by William the Conqueror and wander into the Great Hall. Listen to the legends of King Arthur and view the iconic Round Table.
Walk along the high street to reach the world-famous Winchester Cathedral one of the largest Gothic cathedrals in Northern Europe. Admire the grounds and pay your respects to the English novelist Jane Austen who is buried here.
Learn about King Alfred the Great and pass by his statue as you experience the beauty of the River Itchen. Stroll along the charming riverbank which inspired John Keats' poetry and see the ruins of Winchester Palace.
Voucher for 20% off at The Wykeham Arms (reservation required)
Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund