Boxing Day Tour: Windsor, Stonehenge & Bath with lunch1 Reviews
Explore the history of England, from prehistoric times to the present day, on a Boxing Day tour of Windsor, Stonehenge, and Bath. Travel by luxury coach west from London and stop for a pub lunch in a charming village.
- Explore the history of England from prehistoric times to the present day on a Boxing Day tour
- Visit Royal Windsor for a guided walking tour of the old market town
- See where William Shakespeare lived while writing 'The Merry Wives of Windsor'
- Enjoy spectacular views of the castle, official residence of the Queen
- Visit ancient Stonehenge to explore inside the mysterious stone circle
- Stop for a classic lunch at a village pub
- Tour the Roman and Georgian sights of Bath
- Drive through the beautiful Salisbury plains
- Relax on a luxury coach and professional guide
DescriptionThis Boxing Day full-day tour is a must-do excursion for all visitors to London during the holiday season. You will drive to Windsor Castle, home to the English monarchy for centuries, visit the mysterious stone circle at Stonehenge, and end at the beautiful spa city of Bath. Departing from London, your first stop will be Windsor, where the castle dominates high above the River Thames. Enjoy a guided walking tour of the market town, strolling down charming cobbled streets and past medieval buildings, including the house where William Shakespeare wrote “The Merry Wives of Windsor.” See the warrant for Charles I’s execution, and Sir Christopher Wren’s intriguing Guildhall, before getting some of the most impressive views of Windsor Castle, home to the Royal Family for 900 years, and still an official residence of the Queen. Your guide will explain the dramatic history of the oldest working castle in the world before you continue around the perimeter of the castle, and head across Windsor Bridge to Eton, where Prince William and Harry studied at the world famous school. Back on the coach, continue southwest past Runnymede, where King John signed the Magna Carta in 1215. Your next stop is the magical stone circle of Stonehenge, probably the most famous prehistoric monument in the world. Step back in time 5,000 years as your guide explains the remarkable sequence of events surrounding these ancient monoliths. Pause for lunch at a charming village pub and then drive to the beautiful city of Bath. The spa town dates back to Roman times, but rose to prominence again during the Georgian period. Take a panoramic tour of the Roman sights, such at the Roman Baths, and the exquisite Georgian buildings along the Royal Crescent. Drive over Pulteney Bridge, boasting fine views of the River Avon cascading over the weir, before your return journey to London.
IncludesGuide Entrance to Stonehenge Transportation by luxury coach Lunch Entrance to Windsor Castle Entrance to the Roman Baths in Bath
- Please note that the Roman Baths and Windsor Castle will be closed on Boxing Day, but the tour will still provide a comprehensive overview of each attraction
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability