British Museum & London Historical Guided Walking Tour1 Reviews
This tour combines the vast collection of the British Museum with the urban landscape and history of central London. Join this 5hr tour and maximize your time in London before heading to the pub.
- Learn about Assyrian Lion Hunt reliefs, Lewis Chessmen and Samurai Armour
- See the Houses of Parliament, Trafalgar Square and Whitehall
- Explore London's urban landscape and the British Museum's greatest treasures
DescriptionStart at the British Museum and explore its extensive collection spanning 6000 years of human history, featuring items from every corner of the world. Your guides will take a serious but enjoyable approach towards the museum’s galleries, discussing primitive tribes and forgotten empires through a carefully curated selection of exhibits. Discover Samurai armor and centuries’ old Assyrian lion hunt reliefs. You’ll learn about the Mummy of Katebet, the Lewis Chessmen and the Rosetta Stone – the actual rock, not the language learning software! Leave the tour with an understanding of what humans have achieved during our short history and be proud to call yourself a part of this incredible species. After a break for lunch, the discoveries continue in London’s streets. Learn about Chaucer at Westminster Abbey and bump into the Prime Minister at 10 Downing Street. This small group tour will pass through the lush green parks, bustling crowds, and manicured squares that make up this fascinating urban landscape. Discuss Big Ben at the House of Parliament and pass through the famed Trafalgar Square. Guides will share stories about monarchs and leaders, like Queen Elizabeth II and Winston Churchill. Take advantage of your local guide, who will be more than willing to share their favorite addresses as you explore together. And yes, they can even tell you where to go for a pint and some fish and chips – there’s some history to learn there as well! Highlights generally include: (if artwork is not on loan or being restored etc.) Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, Trafalgar Square, Whitehall, 10 Downing St (Home of British Prime Minister),Westminster Abbey, St James's Park, Churchill’s war cabinet bunker, The Rosetta Stone,Assyrian Lion Hunt reliefs, Parthenon Sculpture, Lewis Chessmen, Oxus Treasure,Royal Game of Ur, Mummy of Katebet and Samurai Armour.
IncludesProfessional art historian/guide Walking tour Gratuities (optional) Temporary exhibitions Hotel pick-up and drop-off Food and drinks (unless specified)
- For semi-private tours a minimum of 2 guests is required for it to run (an alternative date or full refund will be offered if minimum numbers are not met) • Tours available for wheelchair users on request
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- There will be a lunch break between the museum visit & the walking tour (at your own expense)
- This tour is offered as either a private tour or a semi-private tour (8 guests maximum)
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability