My Guide Website?
Buckingham Palace: The Royal Mews Entrance Ticket1180 Reviews
Discover The Royal Mews, one of the finest working stables and responsible for all road travel arrangements for The King and the Royal Family. See the Diamond Jubilee State Coach during your visit.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in London:If youʻre booking your trip to London last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- London: Jack the Ripper Walking Tour with Ripper-Vision
- Full-Day London Sightseeing Tour – Historic & Modern
- London: River Thames Speed Boat Tour
- Harry Potter Family Package with Transfers from London
- From London: Harry Potter Warner Bros Studio Tour
- Explore The Royal Mews, one of the finest working stables in existence
- Marvel at the spectacular Diamond Jubilee State Coach
- Discover the dazzling Gold State Coach, used at every coronation since 1831
- See some of The Kings horses that draw the coaches and carriages
- Meet the famous Windsor Greys or Cleveland Bays
DescriptionThe Royal Mews provides road transport for The King and members of the Royal Family by both horse-drawn carriage and motor car. It is also one of the finest working stables still in existence, responsible for the training of the Windsor Greys and Cleveland Bays, the horses that pull the royal carriages. Among the historic coaches and carriages on display is the spectacular Diamond Jubilee State Coach, which conveyed Queen Elizabeth II on the State Opening of Parliament on 4 June 2014. What's more, cast your eye over the luxurious Australian State Coach, with central heating and electric windows, which carried Queen Elizabeth II and The Duke of Edinburgh from Westminster Abbey to Buckingham Palace after the Royal Wedding in 2011. The most dazzling of all is the Gold State Coach, which has been used at every coronation since that of William IV. Queen Elizabeth II used it to travel on her Coronation Day in 1953, and most recently it was used at the Coronation of King Charles III in 2023. Among the vehicles on display, you can also find the Irish State Coach, purchased by Queen Victoria in 1852. Queen Victoria, King George VI and Queen Elizabeth II have all travelled to the State Opening of Parliament in this carriage. During your visit to the Royal Mews, relish the opportunity to see some of The Kings horses that draw the coaches and carriages housed in the Mews.
IncludesEntrance ticket to the Royal Mews Multimedia tour in 9 languages
- On arrival, you and your belongings will be subject to airport-style security checks. Please try to bring as little as possible with you as it will help you to get through security screening more quickly
- Tickets purchased through GetYourGuide cannot be converted into a 1-year-pass
- Certain items such as large items of baggage, pen-knives and scissors are not allowed to be brought into the Royal Mews as there are no cloakroom facilities available
- Photography and filming for non-commercial purposes are welcomed at the Royal Mews
- Mobile phones can be used, but please have consideration for other visitors