Day Trip to the Lake District from London
Step into the magical world of Beatrix Potter and admire sweeping views of Lake Windermere on this picturesque Lake District Tour. Tuck into a delicious traditional English cream tea at Lindeth Howe and enjoy fantastic photo opportunities.
- Explore the beautiful Lake District and Oxenholme on this day trip from London
- Visit the amazing Hill Top, the childhood home of Beatrix Potter
- Enjoy a delicious and traditional cream tea at Lindeth Howe
- Get a great photo opportunity at Esthwaite Water
- Explore the Yew Tree Farm, film location for 'Miss Potter'
- Take a relaxing Coniston Water Cruise, and enjoy a visit to Hawkshead Village
DescriptionMeet your guide at Euston Station to get started on your panoramic tour of Beatrix Potter Country. An area of outstanding natural beauty, the Lake District appeals to the romantic in everyone. Its rolling green hills and shimmering lakes famously inspired William Wordsworth and, of course, Beatrix Potter. Immerse yourself in this breathtaking landscape on this full-day Lake District Tour, taking in Lake Windermere, one of the region's most dramatic waterscapes, and Esthwaite Water, where Beatrix Potter penned her famous children's stories. Admire Hawkshead, a medieval village criss-crossed by quaint alleys, and Coniston Water, where you will enjoy a relaxing lake cruise. Then, get a real taste of the Lake District with a sumptuous cream tea at Lindeth Howe, the classic Lakeland country house that was once the home of Beatrix Potter and her family.
IncludesReserved seats on Virgin trains Visit to Rydal Mount (01 November to 28 February) Lake cruise on Coniston Water (01 March to 31 October) Visit to Hawkshead Village, Hill Top Farm Cream Tea at Beatrix Potter's own home, Lindeth Howe Professional guide First class (optional extra) includes refreshments Gratuities Hotel transfers
- Train seats are allocated on a first-come first-serve basis and are not guaranteed to be together
- Once booked this tour is non-refundable.
- Hilltop is closed on Fridays, however the gardens and the shop will remain open.
- This tour will only operate with minimum numbers during the off-peak season (October to March). Please call 24 hours after making your booking to confirm.
- Children under 5 are not accepted on the tour due to safety issues. • You will need to print out your outbound and return rail tickets and show them when asked at both ends of your journey; you do not need to print out tickets for any attractions included in your booking, but you must make sure you have access to them on your phone or other smart devices.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability