Discover Camden with a Local Host6 Reviews
Book a Local Londoner for a personalized meet-up. You decide where to go, what to see, what to do together with your private and like-minded host.
- Be matched to a knowledgeable local guide based on your interests and personality
- Explore Camden, the lively, boisterous and unconventional heart for live-music lovers and market goers
- Explore the sprawling daily market that aligns with the canal, next to eclectic shops and edgy venues
- See the city unlike the picture postcard patter of tourist guides
- Focus on the things that you would enjoy and appreciate accompanied by a local like-minded host
DescriptionBook this tour and your hosts will contact you within 24 hours and ask you questions about your preferences and interests, so they can match you with the right profile and assign a like-minded local Londoner. You'll be paired with guides that are passionate about the place they call home and who choose to spend their free time sharing it with like-minded travelers matched to them. Keeping in mind your personal answers they will put together an itinerary just for you. Please note that this will be outlined but flexible. They will arrange a meeting with your guide in the most convenient place for you. If during the tour you feel like changing direction or your guide believes that you'd enjoy a sight or different experience, they will suggest and discuss the changes to the itinerary with you. Enjoy discovering amazing spots in Camden that you don't know about that are difficult to find in any guidebook or on the Internet, because they are lesser known to the crowd but beloved by locals! The day revolves around your wishes so enjoy your private tour and let your Local show you the Camden you will love. Sample Itinerary: You'll meet your local at Camden Town Tube Station before heading to explore the sprawling market and former stables; here you can sample some of the best international cuisine from innumerable food stalls that set up shop every morning or you can explore shops that cater to very niche subcultures such as cyber clothing fashioned with bright florescent designs or steampunk, which is inspired Victorian science fiction. There are also shops dedicated to selling authentic Persian rugs, handmade fairy lights, pop culture goods from Tokyo and so much more in the expansive Camden Market that it can be hard to know which way to turn! After you have had your fill of the market your local will lead you further along the canal, pointing out the street art, dedicated to Amy Winehouse who lived in the neighbourhood, on the way to the charming community of Primrose Hill. This was the home of Sylvia Plath and Ted Hughes when they lived in London and also Frederick Engels. Today the attractive hidden away street exclusively has independent shops, cafes and restaurants, including a local grocer, butcher, florist, bookshop, French delicatessen and fine wines shop. This is an excellent place to stock up on a selection of cheese and wine. If there is time you could venture up Primrose Hill, which as the highest hill in London offers some pretty spectacular views of the city.
IncludesPrivate and personalized 2, 4, 6 or 8 hour meet-up with a local host Booking of tickets, attractions and venues as required Pick-up from your accommodation (if within reasonable distance) Walking tour (other transport can be arranged at additional cost) Food and drinks Any tickets into attractions Gratuities (optional) Transportation to/ from meeting point Public/private transportation during the tour
- Tours are fully personalized so any additional requirements like tickets, transportation and food & drinks can be arranged for an additional cost
- Private groups are normally no larger than 6 people (if your group is larger, please make this known so that arrangements can be made)
- Please book at least 24-hours in advance so the best experience can be built for you
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability