From London: Cotswolds, Country Pub Lunch, & Blenheim Palace7 Reviews
Enjoy a fully-guided day trip to England's delightful Cotswolds villages, including a 1-course pub lunch and entry to Blenheim Palace and Gardens, a World Heritage Site. A private tour option is also available.
- Travel by luxury, air-conditioned minivan
- Enjoy lunch in one of the Cotswolds finest pubs
- Take back-roads to admire scenic routes along the way
- See stunning hamlets and villages including Minster Lovell & Swinbrook
- Choose from a shared group tour or a more exclusive private tour experience
DescriptionDrive through the narrow, winding lanes of the Windrush Valley to Minster Lovell, with its ribbon of thatched cottages lining the main street. Meander on through Asthall and Swinbrook. picture-perfect houses nestle either side of the River Windrush as the bus travels up the narrow lanes to Stow-on-the-Wold. Admire the town square and the views from the hilltop, before stopping for a delicious lunch at one of the regions finest pubs, a traditional pub in Burford. Continue to neighbouring Bibury, a village referred to by authors and poets alike as 'the prettiest in England.' Admire the clear, trout-filled stream and village green, before traveling up the single-track country lane, through Ablington. Travel a little further along this secluded valley before heading onward to Bourton-on-the-Water, otherwise known as 'The Venice of the Cotswolds' with its stream running through the center of the village, dotted with stone bridges. The tour then continues after lunch down to Woodstock and the magnificent Blenheim Palace - the largest privately-owned house in the country and birthplace of none other than Winston Churchill. Dating back to 1704, beautiful landscaped grounds surround the Palace. Explore the opulent interior, see the room where Sir Winston Churchill was born and marvel at the great dining hall and library. A wonderful way to end the day before the leisurely drive back to London.
IncludesFully-guided tour in Burford, Bibury, Bourton-on-the-water, Upper & Lower Slaughter and Stow-on-the-Wold Entry to Blenheim Palace 1-course pub lunch Travel by luxury vehicle Gratuities and other expenses
- Lunch choices are as follows; one course per person:
- Pan Roast Chicken Breast, served with Potato Cake, Roast Carrots & Tarragon Cream
- Chef's vegetarian special of the day: Caramelised polenta cake, served with aubergine caviar, confit shallots, rocket & Parmesan (v) OR Goats Cheese and Sun Blush Tomato Croquettes (v)
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY