My Guide Website?
From London: Day Trip to Downton Abbey, Oxford and Bampton325 Reviews
Admire the architectural highlights of Oxford. Stop in Bampton village and enjoy a tour of Highclere Castle with rooms featured in Downton Abbey and receive a copy of Lady Carnarvon's book.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in London:If youʻre booking your trip to London last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy a walk around Oxford, home to one of the world's oldest universities
- Visit Bampton village, featured in the TV drama Downton Abbey
- Enjoy a tour of Highclere Castle and see rooms featured in the series
- Receive a copy of Lady Carnarvon's autobiography as a souvenir
DescriptionVisit Oxford and top 'Downton Abbey' filming locations on this guided day trip from London. Start the day with a walking tour of Oxford and its famous university buildings. Continue to the Cotswolds’ village of Bampton. Visit the magnificent Highclere Castle with entry tickets included. Board your bus in London and set out on your tour. Journey in a comfortable bus as you head towards your first stop for the day, the city of Oxford. Here, embark on a guided walking tour of the city, home to one of the world’s oldest universities and packed with architectural highlights. Next up is a visit to Bampton, the filming location and setting for the exterior village scenes in Downton Abbey. See the church, the house of Matthew Crawley's mother, and homes transformed into the post office and various pubs. Head to Highclere Castle, the country seat of the Earls of Carnarvon. The tour of the Castle’s public rooms includes the magnificent main hall, the library, sitting rooms, and other rooms featured in Downton Abbey. Take home a copy of Lady Carnarvon's book as a souvenir of your visit.
IncludesVisit to Bampton and Oxford Highclere Castle entry fee Guide Transportation by air-conditioned luxury coach A copy of Lady Carnarvon's book
- The order of sites visited may change from time to time Once the tour is booked there are no refunds unless the local partner is able to resell the tour ticket Gratuities for the guide are not included in the tour and are up to your discretion The itinerary is subject to change. The visit to Bampton cannot be guaranteed in case of events taking place in the village. In this case, extra time will be spent in Oxford