From London: Windsor Castle, Stonehenge, Lacock & Bath63 Reviews
Visit the Queen’s weekend residence and explore one of the most enduring mysteries of the pre-historic world on a day trip to Windsor Castle, Stonehenge and Bath.
- Look inside the State Apartments at Windsor Castle
- Explore the mysteries surrounding the stone circle at Stonehenge
- Take a walking tour of the Roman and Georgian city of Bath
- Stop to take photos of the chocolate-box village of Lacock
- See Queen Mary's Dolls' House, complete with running water!
DescriptionDiscover some of the most stunning spots in the west of England on a brilliant day trip from London. Visit the Queen's favorite palace, investigate the mysteries of the standing stone circle at Stonehenge, take a walking tour of the city of Bath, and enjoy a photo stop at the picturesque village of Lacock! Head to Windsor Castle, perched proudly on a lush wooded hill overlooking the River Thames. Dating back to Norman times, the fortress features landscaped gardens and a turreted Round Tower. Peek inside the lavish State Apartments and see priceless works of art by Rembrandt and Da Vinci. Visit St. George’s Chapel to experience the atmospheric final resting place of Henry VIII. Be amazed by the Queen Mary’s Dolls’ House, complete with working lifts, running water, electricity and miniature wine bottles! Then, continue to Stonehenge on Salisbury Plain, and marvel at the view of the monolithic rocks as they rise up from the landscape. Theories abound about the stone circle and its former use, from the belief that is was a religious temple or astronomical clock, to the notion that it was a Bronze Age burial ground. Make up your own mind as you explore the unique landmark that has stumped the world for 5,000 years. Travel through the quaint English village of Lacock, and admire its cobbled streets and historical buildings set against an unspoiled landscape. Get off the coach to stretch your legs during a quick photo stop. Then, drive to the historic city of Bath, beautifully situated on the banks of the River Avon. Take a walking tour to see the 15th century Bath Abbey, the romantic Pulteney Bridge (modelled on the Ponte Vecchio in Florence), the famous Georgian architecture and more. Return to London and get dropped off at approximately 08:00 PM, subject to the traffic.
IncludesEntrance to Windsor Castle and Stonehenge Guide Walking tour of Bath Transportation by air-conditioned bus Gratuities (optional) Entrance to the Roman Baths Hotel drop off
- During peak periods, additional vehicles without Wi-Fi may be used
- The meeting time is 7:30 AM sharp, and return at approximately 8:00 PM
- Windsor Castle is a working royal palace and due to planned closures/disruptions the itinerary may be subject to change. Please view the schedule tab above for full information on closures •Windsor Castle closures: December 25 and 26, 2020 (castle completely closed) April 9 and 10, 2020 / June 15, 2020 (castle completely closed). Tour will visit Hampton Court Palace instead. Furthermore, the State Apartments will be closed on April 22, 2020 / May 4 to 7, 2020 / June 14, 2020/ June 16, 2020
- St. George’s Chapel is closed to visitors on Sundays as services are held throughout the day. Worshippers are welcome to attend the services
- Queen Mary’s Dolls’ House is currently closed until further notice
- Please note the tour itinerary and order may change
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability