Full-Day Tour of York by Rail From London4 Reviews
Steeped in history, the city of York oozes beauty and charm. Discover its incredible history and bloody past at the Jorvik Viking Centre and let yourself be awestruck by the gothic grandeur of York Minster Cathedral on this inspiring day trip from London.
- Explore the past and present of the charming city of York on this day trip from London
- Come aboard a Hop-on Hop-off open-top bus tour of the city
- Enjoy admission to the Jorvik Viking Centre, and learn about York's bloody and fascinating past
- Admire York Minster, Castle Museum, The Shambles and many more of its impressive sights and attractions
DescriptionTake a day trip to York from London to learn more about this historic city's past and present. Arrive at King’s Cross station at 7:30 AM for your 8:00 AM departure, and meet a tour representative by the ticket office. They will check you in, give you a welcome pack, and escort you to your reserved seats for your arrival into York at 9:51 AM. Once you've arrived, embark on a hop-on hop-off bus tour through the city. Marvel at York Minster's stained-glass windows, stroll along the cobbled Shambles, and learn about the city's rich heritage on this picturesque open-top tour of York. Then, discover York as it was over 1,000 years ago with admission to the fascinating Jorvik Viking Centre. Admire the over 800 Viking artefacts on display, with all admission fees included in your package. After taking your time to explore this picturesque city, prepare for your return trip to London. A representative will meet you by the ticket office and escort you to your reserved seats. The train departs at 19:29 and arrives back in London at 9:44 PM.
IncludesReserved train seats Admission to the Jorvik Viking Centre Open top bus tour of York First class (optional extra) includes refreshments Gratuities (optional) Food or drinks Guide Hotel transfers
- Please note that this tour is not guided
- 100% cancellation charges apply to this tour so once booked it cannot be canceled
- Train seats are allocated on a first come first serve basis and it cannot be guaranteed that they will be together • You will need to print out your outbound and return rail tickets and show them when asked at both ends of your journey
- You do not need to print out tickets for any attractions included in your booking, but you must make sure you have access to them on your phone or other smart devices
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability