Hampton Court Palace Bike Tour, Royal Park, and Picnic3 Reviews
Cycle the bike paths of the River Thames to Hampton Court Palace and discover the 17th-century royal hunting grounds at Bushy Park, the second largest Royal Park of London. Deer still roam the park! Enjoy a traditional afternoon picnic of tea and cake.
- Cycle along the bike paths of the River Thames in southwest London
- See the remains of Richmond Palace
- Visit the Tudor home of Henry VIII and his eight wives
- Explore an 800-year-old market town
- Enjoy a traditional pub lunch on the banks of the river
- Stroll through woodland gardens
- Look out for deer in the old hunting grounds of Henry VIII
- Take tea and cake in the afternoon
- Enjoy mulled wine and mince pies in winter
DescriptionJoin a leisurely guided Hampton Court Palace bike tour along the River Thames to the home of King Henry VIII and his many wives. See the remains of Richmond Palace, Ham House, Teddington Lock, and enjoy a walk around an 800-year-old market square. You can enjoy a pub lunch (private tour or with a group decision), or pick up a snack from the market to enjoy by the fountain. As you munch away, enjoy a view of the Hampton Court Palace's less-known side. Take a half-day bike tour to visit the palace after lunch, or take a full-day tour to enjoy a traditional British afternoon tea picnic and see the deer in the second largest Royal Park of London. You can spot the resident red and fallow deer, take a walk through the peaceful Woodland Gardens with its wonderful seasonal foliage, and explore the fountain gardens of Upper Lodge. You'll also stop en route for a traditional afternoon tea picnic on blankets and cushions with pots of tea and homemade cakes. Then cycle the 5 minutes (by quiet road) to Teddington Mainline Train Station for direct trains back to Richmond for the Underground District Line trains or Mainline trains to London Waterloo. The local guide can also transport your luggage and help with arranging accommodation. So why don't you enjoy the full day ride and picnic then visit Hampton Court Palace the next day on your own time? The local guide has been granted a license by Royal Parks to run guided tours in Bushy Park, the old hunting ground of Henry VIII.
IncludesBike hire with helmet Local guide Bottled water Traditional afternoon tea picnic in summer (currently not on offer due to COVID-19) Mulled wine or tea/coffee and snacks in winter Pub lunch or lunch snacks Transport to/from start and finish locations Entrance fee to Hampton Court Palace
- Sensible clothing and shoes are advised. This path can be muddy in places
- Half-day option to visit Hampton Court Palace, then return to your hotel by train afterwards, or luggage and accommodation transfers offered for full-day tours at extra cost by inquiry.
- Advance booking is essential to reserve bikes
- No refund on cancellations made within 72 hours. Dates can be changed but are subject to a charge.
- The Private Tour is for 1-4 people with bike hire
- Please note, due to COVID-19 the afternoon tea picnic is currently not on offer
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability