Jack the Ripper: Solve the Crime Tour with Local Guide4 Reviews
On this tour, you will trace the footsteps and crime scenes of the murders Jack the Ripper committed. This tour is not for the faint hearted - come join your local guide and immerse yourself in the gruesome history of the Whitechapel area.
- See the crime scenes of Jack the Ripper's victims
- Walk his footsteps in London's famous East End
- Read the mysterious letter that creates his world-famous nickname
- View police photos of the victims and evidence
- See the doorway where Jack the Ripper’s only clue was discovered
- Walk with a local guide who knows the East End well and can give you a deep history of this dark area of London
- Solve the mystery of who Jack the Ripper really was
DescriptionThis tour will take you on a walk through the dark and narrow streets of London's famous Victorian East End. You will trace the footsteps and crime scenes of the murders Jack the Ripper committed - be warned, this tour is not for the faint of heart. To set the scene… It is the autumn of 1888, and a sinister serial killer is loose on the streets of London’s East End. At first he is known simply as 'the Whitechapel Murderer'. But in time, thanks to a mysterious letter sent to a London news agency (a copy of which you will be shown in the course of the walk), he will become known as 'Jack the Ripper', a name that will become famous throughout the world. You will see the places and buildings where his victims were murdered and found; streets, buildings and alleyways that have hardly changed since 1888; the pubs and buildings where his victims drank, worked and lived; the doorway where Jack the Ripper’s only clue was discovered; and police photos of the victims and evidence. The route you will take follows Jack the Ripper's murders in sequence. This area is steeped in history, and you'll be sure to learn all about its fascinating stories that took place after Jack's appearance as well. Jack the Ripper is a gruesome and unsolved part of London's history. Your guide has lived in the centre of London for over 20 years (for 5 years right in Whitechapel, where the Jack the Ripper murders took place). He has his own theories about who Jack the Ripper was...
IncludesWalking tour of the East End of London Umbrellas
- Bring your detective hats - on this tour, you can try and solve the mystery behind Jack the Ripper's real identity!
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY