London: Historic East London Wapping Tour
See a part of real London that tourists never find, away from tourist hot-spots. Visit the old docks and lanes of Wapping, where explorers set sail from, executions took place, and great names of history have been immortalized.
- See parts of London that others never see
- Explore the old lanes of Wapping, and walk the shore of the River Thames
- Visit old pubs and places of executions and murders
- Learn about various voyages of exploration that have set sail from here
- See sights relating to Captain Cook, Martin Frobisher, Captain Bligh, President Jefferson, the Hanging Judge, and many more
DescriptionWapping has a long history which dates all the way back to Anglo Saxon times before it even became a part of London's culture. It takes its name from the old word 'wapol', which means marsh. This whole area has been shaped by the river, whether due to great voyages of exploration, heavy Victorian industry and the docks, terrible Dickensian slums that hugged the river, the dreadful destruction of the Blitz, or its modern day resurgence with big business and leisure. You will visit famous old pubs, places of execution and great philanthropy, as well as visiting locations relating to some of the most famous names in history such as Captain Cook, Thomas Jefferson, Martin Frobisher, Sir Walter Raleigh, Charles Dickens, Hanging Judge Jeffers and Captain Bligh. You can see a part of real London that tourists could never find, well away from the bright lights of the West End theaters, museums and palaces.
IncludesPrivate guided tour Transportation to and from your hotel
- This tour is conducted entirely outside, please wear suitable clothing and footwear
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY