London: Jack The Ripper and Sherlock Holmes Bus Tour107 Reviews
Climb aboard an open top bus for a 3-hour tour of haunted London, and travel back in time to the days of Jack the Ripper. Walk through an empty Smithfield Market, former site of public executions. Then head to the safety of the Sherlock Holmes pub!
- Climb aboard a vintage open top bus for a tour of haunted London
- Follow in the murderous footsteps of Jack the Ripper
- See a collection of Sherlock Holmes memorabilia in the Sherlock Holmes Pub
- Discover where the Elephant Man lived
- Hear about the great men and women buried at Westminster Abbey
- Walk through a deserted Smithfield Market to see where Braveheart was tortured
- Listen out for the restless Cock Lane ghost
DescriptionStep aboard a vintage open top bus, and journey through the haunted streets of London after dark. Along the way, hear stories about the legends buried at Westminster Abbey, and see the banqueting house where Charles I was beheaded. A guide will explain how the public executioner would often raise a severed head to the crowd to show it still twitching for several seconds after the brutal blows! Continue to the Old Bailey, where numerous public hangings once took place. Pass the Royal London Hospital where the “Elephant Man” once lived. Be spooked by tales of Mrs Lovett’s pie fillings, which she sold from her shop next to a butcherous barber! Then, walk through a deserted Smithfield Market, looking for the William Wallace plaque where Braveheart was tortured. Learn about the 19th-century body snatchers that dug up local cemeteries “in the interests of science.” Listen out for the scratching of the Cock Lane ghost, Fanny Lynes, and hear her story of sex, loan sharks, arsenic poisoning, and séances. As the shadows lengthen, drive into London's East End, a hotbed of crime and vice in the 19th century. Relive the days of Jack the Ripper, when he came out of the fog and dimly lit alleys to stalk and butcher 5 victims. Stroll the path of his death trail to the murder sites, deciphering the evidence of the still unsolved crimes. End in the warmth of the Sherlock Holmes Pub, where a wide collection of Holmes memorabilia is on display. The pub also serves an extensive menu of food, including a traditional fish and chip supper, which you can order from the bar.
IncludesTransportation by open top bus Guide Walking tour of Smithfield Market Food and drinks
- Please note that seating is allocated on a first come first serve basis and seating on the upper deck cannot be guaranteed
- Please note that this is an open top bus tour - please be prepared for the possibility of rain.
- On rare occasions the open top bus may be changed to a closed top bus
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability