My Guide Website?
London: Stonehenge Half-Day Morning or Afternoon Tour2276 Reviews
Discover mysterious Stonehenge on a half-day tour from London. Explore the prehistoric stone circle site at your own pace with an audio guide.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in London:If youʻre booking your trip to London last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From London: Stonehenge & the Stone Circles of Avebury Tour
- London to Southampton Cruise Terminal via Stonehenge
- London: Full-Day Rock Music Tour
- From London: Full-Day Cotswolds Small-Group Tour
- London: Christmas Eve City Tour with Dinner & Midnight Mass
- Explore the mysteries of Stonehenge
- Listen to expert commentary with an audio guide in multiple languages
- Enjoy over 2 hours of free time at Stonehenge
- Take a scenic drive through the Salisbury Plain
- Enjoy a tasty meal of fish and chips, if option booked
DescriptionVisit one of the most famous prehistoric monuments in the world as you depart London by bus for a visit to the mythical Stonehenge. End your tour with an optional meal – the classic British fish and chips. Explore this UNESCO World Heritage Site with a downloadable audio guide available in multiple languages to learn more about the mysteries surrounding the incredible megalithic monument. Marvel at the 40-ton rocks standing alone in a vast tract of open land. A feat of engineering and design dating back nearly 5,000 years, the curious Stonehenge structure continues to divide historians as to its precise purpose. Theories include that Stonehenge was a temple to the sun, an elaborate cemetery, and even that Merlin had a giant build the structure for him. Make up your own mind as you explore this marvel of the ancient world at your own pace and learn about its origins. Conclude your tour with an optional meal of fish and chips, a British favorite served at a classic London venue.
IncludesEntrance fee to Stonehenge Downloadable audio guide (on your own device) Use of the shuttle service to the stones at Stonehenge Transportation by air-conditioned bus Fish and chips after tour (if option selected)
- Upon arrival at Stonehenge, visitors will have the option of taking a free 10-minute shuttle bus or a 30-minute walk to the stones (There may be waiting times for the shuttle) Travel time between London and Stonehenge (approximately 2 hours each way) can vary with traffic conditions, please be mindful of this when making post-tour arrangements Please note you will be only be allowed to travel at the departure date and time booked Visitors can download the free Stonehenge Audio Tour app ahead of the tour from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store on any mobile device Guidebooks (in English) can be purchased at Stonehenge Choose your starting time according to when you would like to board the bus from Victoria Coach Station