My Guide Website?
London: Tower of London After Hours Tour and Key Ceremony21 Reviews
Uncover the secrets of the Tower of London during an exclusive after-hours tour. Hear the rich stories and history of the site in a way that so few ever do, on an evening tour with a Yeoman Warder.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in London:If youʻre booking your trip to London last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- London: Jack the Ripper Walking Tour with Ripper-Vision
- Full-Day London Sightseeing Tour – Historic & Modern
- London: River Thames Speed Boat Tour
- Harry Potter Family Package with Transfers from London
- From London: Harry Potter Warner Bros Studio Tour
- Unravel the secrets of the Tower of London after hours.
- Behold the ancient Ceremony of Keys tradition.
- Learn how the royal palace became a notorious prison.
- Discover the tower’s close link with animals.
- Hear tales of some of the castle's most famous ghosts.
DescriptionExplore London's famous Tower of London in a whole new way by taking part in an exclusive after-hours tour. Discover the castle's intriguing history and uncover its secrets as you listen to your personal Yeoman Warder guide share stories about why it became such an infamous prison. At nightfall, the Tower of London is transformed as the crowds clear out and silence falls over the building. Traitor's Gate takes on a new air of mystery as you hear how its original purpose changed to bring prisoners to the Execution Block. Step into a site that's brimming with secrets, where the walls whisper tales of the past—and you'll get to savour it all long after the crowds have left. Your night tour of the Tower of London is filled with intrigue and mystery. Listen to tales of lions and elephants that once lived here, find out why the Crown Jewels are kept here, and learn which ill-fated women met their end in this iconic fortress. As you walk through these walls, your guide will be a living representation of the castle's long history. Yeoman Warders have been part of this story for hundreds of years, and must still reside inside the Tower. You’ll finish by viewing the Ceremony of Keys, an event that very few members of the public are lucky enough to witness. As the oldest military ceremony in the world, this traditional London ritual is as much a part of the city as black taxis and red phone booths. You'll be enchanted as Yeoman Warders, covered head to toe in Tudor dress, deliver their famous lines and pass the keys to the Chief Warder. Experience the Tower of London like never before on this evening tour. Discover its rich history, see ancient customs in action, and be astounded by the unbelievable stories in this iconic landmark. Immerse yourself in the majestic beauty of the Tower of London and leave with an unforgettable memory that so few ever get to experience.
IncludesAfter-hours access to the Tower of London Ceremony of the Keys Local English-speaking Yeoman Warder guide Expertly guided walking tour Small group of 20 guests maximum
- Our group tour utilizes multiple areas that are not wheelchair accessible/mobility friendly. Those with wheelchairs and mobility issues should contact us so we can arrange your visit.
- Sites on this tour are subject to occasional closures. If modifications are needed and time permits, we will reach out to you prior to your tour. For last-minute closures, modifications may be communicated at the tour start time.
- Walks comply with all local government regulations. You may need to wear a mask or provide proof of vaccination to enter certain venues. Please refer to London government guidelines for the most up to date information
- Full names of all participants need to be entered when booking for security.