My Guide Website?
London: Winston Churchill Walking Tour with War Rooms Ticket3 Reviews
This walking tour will take you round the streets of Piccadilly, St. James and Westminster to visit sights relating to and important for wartime prime minister, Sir Winston Churchill, and then on to his famously preserved War Rooms, from where he ran WW2.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in London:If youʻre booking your trip to London last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit sights related to and important for Sir Winston Churchill
- Pose between the Allied war time leaders
- See the childhood home of Churchill and where he was married
- Learn about the famous statue of the greatest figure in British history
- Visit and explore the preserved Churchill War Rooms, the underground bunker from which Churchill ran the war
DescriptionThis tour will be for all fans of the man voted the greatest figure in British history, wartime prime minister, Sir Winston Churchill. On this walking tour, you will explore the streets of Piccadilly, St. James and Westminster and visit places that played important roles in his life. Have a chance to sit on a bench with Churchill and his wartime ally, President Roosevelt. Everyone knows that Sir Winston Churchill loved his cigars, as well as various other vices. Visit the store which used to supply his cigars. Inside, there will be a hidden treasure of London which was used by the great man himself. Visit the home where Churchill lived as a young boy as well as Downing Street, where he lived as prime minister and see the church where he and Clementine were married in 1908. Nearby, you will see the most famous statue of Churchill and learn about the story of why it is there and what it represents, handily it is rather close to one of the pubs he used to visit and a good place to visit afterwards. The tour will end outside the Churchill War Rooms which are perfectly preserved from the Second World War and from which Churchill ran the war whilst the streets through which you walked were regularly bombed by the Luftwaffe. Tickets for the War Rooms will be included along with an excellent audio guide.
IncludesPrivate guided walking tour around the streets of London Entrance ticket to the Churchill War Rooms with audio guide
- The walking tour will be in English with a guide. The War Rooms will be by audio guide
- This tour runs under all weather conditions so please wear suitable clothing
- This tour is non-refundable