March with the Guards: Changing of the Guard Ceremony5 Reviews
On this tour, follow the Queen’s Guard around St. James’s Park as they undertake the centuries-old ceremonies that are known as the Changing of the Guard.
- See two separate Changing of the Guards Ceremonies (one with horses) from 4 different vantage points
- Walk alongside the Queen’s Life Guard as they cross the Park
- Tour St. James’s Park with stops at Buckingham Palace and St. James Palace
DescriptionAs the people begin to jostle in front of Buckingham Palace to watch the Changing of the Guard, this tour takes you away from the crowds and over to St. James Palace to witness the guards preparing to make their famous march. Believe it or not, it’s not all for show; these are real soldiers with real weapons carrying out their daily duty of protecting the Palace. Hear about what their duties include and the significance of their highly-symbolic uniforms. As the soldiers leave, you will be able to march alongside them (no, you don’t get to wear a hat), then head over to a special vantage point near the Wellington Barracks, home to all the Foot Guard’s Bands, that lets you get as close as possible to the action. Next, stroll across St. James’s Park and learn about the history of this royal green space which is among the most famous of the green spaces that cover nearly 47% of greater London. Arriving at the Horse Guards Parade, watch the equally-impressive, but often overlooked Changing of the Queen’s Life Guard, which features mounted, armor-clad soldiers and their immaculately groomed steeds.
IncludesGuided Walking Tour Expert guide Gratuities Hotel Pickup and drop-off
- • Please be advised that 'Changing of the Guard' can be cancelled at the last minute due to bad weather, and does not take place every day.
- On days this ceremony does not take place, guests will see the Queen's Life Guard Change, Horse Guards Parade.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability