Oxford and The Cotswolds: 3-Day Small-Group Tour2 Reviews
Learn about Shakespeare’s inspirations whilst venturing through grand palaces and castles on this journey through England's most beloved sights. Travel in comfort through beautiful countryside on this luxury, small-group tour with a maximum of 16 people.
- Travel in a luxury 5 star minicoach with a small friendly group
- Visit beautiful Blenheim Place, one of England’s largest houses and the birthplace of Winston Churchill
- Spend a whole afternoon discovering the canals, cottages, and cuisine of Stratford-Upon-Avon
- Get as close to the medieval ages as possible at Warwick Castle
- Set your sights on the sensational spires, cathedrals, and museums of Oxford
- Observe the slower pace of life in England’s beautiful Cotswold villages
DescriptionThe first day of your tour will begin with you leaving London at 9:15AM, after which you will visit the world heritage site of Blenheim Palace. Learn about the history, explore the gardens, or even take a ride on the estate’s very own miniature railway line. Following lunch you will continue to the Rollright Standing Stones, these are an ancient complex of Neolithic and bronze age monuments that sit on the crest of the Cotswold Hills. This magnificent site marks the borderlands between the great counties of Oxfordshire and Warwickshire. You will round off the afternoon with a visit to the Hook Norton Brewery, where you will learn about the production of beer in one of the Cotswolds’ most beautiful areas and savor a lovingly produced local drink. At this conclusion of this day you will travel to Stratford Upon Avon which will be your base for the next two nights. On the second day you will travel to Warwick Castle, one of England’s best preserved medieval castles. Dating back to the time of William the Conqueror, Warwick Castle is often named as one of the best historic monuments in Britain. In the early afternoon, you will return to Stratford Upon Avon, the birthplace and home of the playwright William Shakespeare. Here you will have a chance to explore the places that shaped the life of Shakespeare, by visiting Shakespeare’s birthplace. At the conclusion of this day you will have an overnight in Stratford and soak up the ambience of this historic and inspiring settlement. On the morning of your final day, you will leave Stratford Upon Avon on a journey to the Cotswolds, a huge area that covers five counties and offers a variety of unique landscapes and charming villages. The rolling hills, villages, and farms of this area give you a glimpse back in time to an England with a gentler pace of life. The first stop of the day is Broadway Tower, a unique Saxon tower with a curious history. Then visit Stow on the Wold, the highest of the Cotswolds Towns. The large market square is testament to the huge markets and fairs that were once held in this hill top market town. You will continue onto Bourton on the Water, nestling in the rolling Cotswolds hills. Known as 'The Venice of the Cotswolds', you have time to explore this ancient village that has stood on this spot since Anglo Saxon times. Your final stop of the tour is in the City of Oxford, here you have time to explore the beautiful listed buildings, explore the precincts of the colleges, climb one of the vantage points to take in the skyline, or see the art and antique collections in the Ashmolean Museum. At the conclusion of this day you will return back to London.
Includes2 nights accommodation with breakfast 16 seat luxury mini-coach transport Knowledgeable and entertaining local driver/guide Lunches Dinners Refreshments Entry fees Gratuities (optional)
- Your transportation will be by a top-of-the-range 16-seat Mercedes minicoach for a more personal experience. It is recommended to bring suitable clothing and footwear for your tour, as England can be a wet place. Accommodation will be drawn from a selection of small, locally-owned, guesthouses and B&Bs in the town Stratford upon Avon. All rooms are en suite. The guesthouses may be up to 20 minutes walk from the town center. For individual travelers, please select the single accommodation option, for 2 or more people traveling together, please choose the twin room shared option. Minimum age to participate is 5 years You're restricted to 14 kg (31lbs) of luggage per person. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in) plus a small bag for onboard personal items.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability