Shakespeare’s Stratford & Cotswolds13 Reviews
See some of the most beautiful spots in the UK on this excellent tour of Shakespeare’s birthplace Stratford-upon-Avon and an official Area of Outstanding Beauty, the Cotswolds.
- Explore the rich history and stunning beauty of Shakespeare’s home town
- Visit the half-timbered house where Shakespeare was born
- See Anne Hathaway’s cottage and garden
- Experience an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty - the Cotswolds
- Stop at three quaint towns – Bibury, Bourton-on-the-Water and Burford
- Travel in a luxury air-conditioned bus with free Wi-Fi
DescriptionAn expert guide leads the way, regaling you with stories and interesting facts about the rich history of these beautiful places. Stratford-upon-Avon, the home town of legendary playwright William Shakespeare, is the first stop on this day trip. Filled with history, pay a visit to the place the famous Bard was born - a quaint, unassuming half-timbered house. Learn amazing stories and quirks of Elizabethan living from your expert guide. Next stop is a visit to Shakespeare’s bride Anne Hathaway’s cottage and gardens. This beautiful little thatched farmhouse is the place where the Bard courted his bride and still to this day holds items or original furniture, including the Hathaway bed. It is nestled within stunning grounds and gardens, overflowing with fragrant blooms and traditional shrubs. Then continue to the Cotswolds. Visit what is often agreed to be one of the most beautiful areas in the whole of the UK. Quaint villages and breathtaking scenery, the Cotswolds looks like it jumped off the pages of a storybook. The tour makes photo stops at three stunning Cotswolds villages: Bourton-on-the-Water, also known as ‘Little Venice’ due to its low bridges and stone banks, Burford which features an ornate medieval bridge and Bibury, a town once described by William Morris as ‘the most beautiful village in England’. After a wonderful day of sightseeing, arrive back to London at the approximate time of 19:15.
IncludesEntry to Shakespeare’s birthplace Entry to Anne Hathaway’s Cottage and Gardens Photo stops at Bourton-on-the-Water, Burford and Bibury Transportation by luxury air-conditioned bus Professional guide Gratuities (optional)
- During peak periods, additional vehicles without Wi-Fi may be used
- Please note the tour itinerary and order may change
- All vehicles are modern, comfortable, and kept to the highest standards of cleanliness, including a deep clean every day
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability