Shakespeare's Globe Theatre Guided Tour348 Reviews
Step inside this faithful recreation of William Shakespeare’s iconic Globe Theatre on a guided tour. Imagine it as it would have been at the center of London’s notorious bankside entertainment district.
- Be introduced to the world-famous Globe Theatre and life in Shakespeare's London
- Discover how shows were produced in Shakespeare's time and how the space is used today
- Learn how the open-air theatre was constructed using traditional techniques and is held together using 9,500 wooden pegs
DescriptionYour expert guide will bring this extraordinary open-air theatre to life in a 50 minute guided tour of the auditorium. Listen to colorful stories of the 1599 Globe, the reconstruction process in the 1990s, and how the building works today as an imaginative and experimental theatre space. Admire the architecture of the playhouse, an accurate reconstruction of the building where Shakespeare worked, and for which he wrote many of his most famous plays. Take a seat within this wooden O and listen, absorb, and ask questions as the secrets of the Globe unfold.
Includes50-minute guided tour Guided tour language sheets available in French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Japanese and simplified Chinese
- As this is a working theatre the tour times vary due to performance schedules or sometimes take place during rehearsal, giving you an exclusive look at the rehearsal process
- This tour operates in all weathers
- There is no dress code but it is recommended to wear appropriate clothing and footwear as the tour takes place outdoors
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to tour departure
- There are 9 steps leading up to the piazza, where your guided tour will start from. Step-free and wheelchair access is available, please speak to a member of the team for assistance
- Swan Bar & Restaurant is located on-site, pre-booking required
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability