My Guide Website?
Shakespeare's Globe Theatre Guided Tour & Experience373 Reviews
Step inside this faithful recreation of William Shakespeare’s iconic Globe Theatre on a guided tour. Imagine it as it would have been at the center of London’s notorious bankside entertainment district.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in London:If youʻre booking your trip to London last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From London: Stonehenge & the Stone Circles of Avebury Tour
- London to Southampton Cruise Terminal via Stonehenge
- London: Full-Day Rock Music Tour
- From London: Full-Day Cotswolds Small-Group Tour
- London: Christmas Eve City Tour with Dinner & Midnight Mass
- Be introduced to the world-famous Globe Theatre and life in Shakespeare's London
- Discover how shows were produced in Shakespeare's time and how the space is used today
- Learn how the open-air theatre was constructed using traditional techniques and is held together using 9,500 wooden pegs
DescriptionYour expert guide will bring this extraordinary open-air theatre to life in a 50 minute guided tour of the auditorium. Listen to colorful stories of the 1599 Globe, the reconstruction process in the 1990s, and how the building works today as an imaginative and experimental theatre space. Admire the architecture of the playhouse, an accurate reconstruction of the building where Shakespeare worked, and for which he wrote many of his most famous plays. Take a seat within this wooden O and listen, absorb, and ask questions as the secrets of the Globe unfold. In the walk-through exhibition space, you’ll be immersed in the sights, sounds, and secrets of Shakespeare’s London, travelling through over 400 years of fascinating history. You’ll be able to relive some of our most iconic shows with seasonally curated displays, and even have the chance to get ready for the stage yourself with interactive costumes and props.
IncludesGlobe Theatre entry ticket 50-minute guided tour 50-minutes Globe Experience Guided tour language sheets
- As this is a working theatre the tour times vary due to performance schedules or sometimes take place during rehearsal, giving you an exclusive look at the rehearsal process
- This tour operates in all weathers
- There is no dress code but it is recommended to wear appropriate clothing and footwear as the tour takes place outdoors
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to tour departure
- There are 9 steps leading up to the piazza, where your guided tour will start from. Step-free and wheelchair access is available, please speak to a member of the team for assistance
- Swan Bar & Restaurant is located on-site, pre-booking required