Small Group Stonehenge and Bath Tour with Secret Site64 Reviews
Discover the secrets of Stonehenge and Bath on an 11-hour small group tour from London. The trip takes you off the main roads to enjoy the English countryside en route to the standing stones of Salisbury Plain and the spa city founded by the Romans.
- Explore the mysterious stone circle of Stonehenge
- Walk among the Georgian buildings of Bath
- Cross the romantic Pulteney Bridge
- Discover a secret location between Bath and London!
- Sample traditional snacks, such as a meat Cornish Pasty or a Sally Lunn bun
- Take an optional guided walking tour of Bath
- Marvel at the beautiful Georgian houses of the Royal Crescent
DescriptionEnjoy an intimate small group full-day tour of the West of England, departing London for a scenic drive to the famous stone circle of Stonehenge on Salisbury Plain. Drive a route less traveled for some off-the-beaten-path views of London, making a quick comfort stop as you travel through the scenic countryside of Southern England. Your driver/guide will provide a commentary as you head to the world's most famous prehistoric site, providing some background history so that you know something of what you will see once you arrive. Visit the new Stonehenge Visitor Center to enhance your knowledge of the mysterious site and trigger your imagination. Then, make your way through the rural green of Wiltshire, passing some wonderful old villages en route to the City of Bath. Upon arrival, you will be dropped off in the city center and provided with maps to explore at leisure. Find a café to savor a delicious Cornish Pasty or Sally Lunn bun, or try some of the legendary local cider. Go to the beautifully preserved Roman Baths, or marvel at Bath Abbey, one of the finest examples of Perpendicular Gothic architecture in the West of England. See the romantic Pulteney Bridge over the River Avon, one of only 4 bridges in the world with shops across its full span on both sides. There is an optional walking tour of the city center if you would like a guided tour, with plenty of time to explore on your own as well. Before leaving, drive to some of the highlights outside the city center, including the Georgian houses of Royal Crescent, one of Jane Austen's favorite homes, and sites associated with Charles Dickens’s time in the city. En route back to London, add a sense of adventure to your day when your driver/guide takes you to a secret location. The precise details of this will be determined on the day, but with so many historic sites along the way, 99% of guests have said they have loved this surprise!
IncludesTransportation by comfortable air-conditioned 16-seat Mercedes minicoach Professional driver and guide Walking tour of Bath Bottled water Drop off at a convenient zone 1 location in London Entrance to Stonehenge Lunch
- The order of the tour itinerary is subject to change
- Entrance to Stonehenge is not included; your guide will collect cash payment on the day of the tour
- From 1st April 2020, tickets will be priced as follows: £11.70 for children, £17.60 for concessions and £19.50 for adults. In peak season (June 1st - August 31st 2020) tickets will be £12.10 for children, £18.10 for concessions and £20.10 for adults. *Note that these prices are controlled by English Heritage and are subject to change. Your entrance ticket will include an audio guide, and access to the visitor center, and their Stonehenge exhibition, with neolithic houses
- These prices are controlled by English Heritage
- This tour guarantees an intimate experience by limiting the number of participants to 16
- As you will spend a significant amount of time outside, suitable clothing and footwear are recommended
- Unfortunately, children under the age of 3 cannot be accommodated on this tour
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability