My Guide Website?
Tate Modern Guided Museum Tour
Modern art lover or not, no traveler’s trip to London is complete without a visit to the iconic Tate Modern. Here you’ll learn all about the world-famous modern art and performances housed in this refurbished 19th-century power plant.
- Discover the history of famous artists
- Learn about the movements who influenced modern art
- See some of the world's most famous pieces of art
DescriptionExperience the best artwork of the 19th and 20th centuries as you walk with your guide through the Tate Modern’s many galleries. Discuss Mondrian’s groundbreaking lines and squares that baffled other artists with their simplicity and exactitude. Revisit old favorites like the Spanish-born Picasso and Dali, who created several masterpieces during the Spanish Civil War. Be introduced to the Impressionists through Claude Monet and fast-forward to the abstract-expressionists like Mark Rothko. Spot celebrities like Marilyn Monroe while learning about Andy Warhol’s innovative pop art. Scratch your head while standing around Duchamp’s Fountain and debate the merits of art. Be prepared to question everything you thought you knew about art while discovering the marvels of the Tate Modern.
IncludesProfessional art historian guide Private and semi-private options Gratuities (optional) Hotel pickup and drop-off Food and drinks Temporary exhibits
- Please bring valid photo ID
- A small amount of walking is involved.
- This tour is offered as either a private tour or a semi-private tour (8 guests maximum).
- For semi-private tours, a minimum of 2 guests is required for it to run (an alternative date or full refund will be offered if minimum numbers are not met).
- Tate modern and other attractions or museums in London may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, an appropriate alternative will be provided if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1 hour from the tour starting time. In these cases, a refund is not able to be offered. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security.
- Wheelchair-friendly tours are available upon request only
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now