My Guide Website?
Windsor and Eton's Royal History: A Self-Guided Audio Tour4 Reviews
Follow in the footsteps of the Royals through the twin towns of Windsor and Eton on this self-guided walking tour. Delve into the history of the British Monarchy as you wander past royal landmarks.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in London:If youʻre booking your trip to London last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Admire several iconic and lesser-known sights in the towns of Windsor and Eton
- Discover the royal history of the impressive Windsor Castle and its inhabitants
- Benefit from the knowledge of a local audio guide while going at your own speed
- Visit significant sites like Windsor Bridge, Theatre Royal, and Eton College
- Gain access to unlimited use of your tour, as well as extra virtual content
DescriptionGo at your own pace on this self-guided walking audio tour through Windsor and Eton, with a focus on the area’s rich royal history. Along the way, you’ll marvel at Windsor Castle, cross Windsor Bridge, and see Eton College, among many more landmarks. The route begins at Windsor Royal Station and starts off by leading you past historic pubs, houses, and streets – including Windsor’s most elegant street, and the shortest street in Great Britain. When you reach Windsor Castle, you’ll learn about the rich history of the building, built by William the Conqueror and inhabited by every monarch since then. The castle has been expanded over the centuries to become the impressive structure it is today. Next, continue towards Eton, crossing over Windsor bridge and passing monuments like the Theatre Royal and the George V Memorial. You’ll then amble down Eton High Street, ending the tour at Eton College to learn about the school where no less than 20 of the UK's Prime Ministers have been educated. The audio commentary uses GPS technology and will stop and start according to your live location. That means you can take the tour at your leisure, and focus on your surroundings while you learn about the royal history of the area.
IncludesAudio tour of Windsor and Eton in English VoiceMap app for Android and iOS Lifetime access to this tour Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- You need to install the VoiceMap smartphone app.
- You can download the tour at any time, before or after your booking date. It’s best to download the tour before you set off for the starting point.
- This tour follows a set route and includes turn-by-turn directions. It works best if you start it in the right place and follow the directions from one location to the next.
- When the download completes, you’ll see a screen with a photo of the starting point and directions to it. The red start button will become active when you are at the starting point.
- This tour is only available in English.