From London: Leeds Castle, Canterbury Cathedral & Dover138 Reviews
Enjoy a full day discovering the treasures of Kent, including visits to romantic Leeds Castle, historic Canterbury Cathedral and the dramatic White Cliffs of Dover.
- Visit the fairy-tale Leeds Castle and its beautiful Gardens
- Use the Vox Radioguide® system to get an in-depth insight into the rich, and sometimes murderous, history of the Cathedral
- See the White Cliffs of Dover
- Drive through beautiful Kent countryside in a first-class luxury coach, with the services of a professional guide
DescriptionEscape the bustle of London on a full-day sightseeing tour of the English countryside. You will head to the Garden of England, with visits to Kent’s Leeds Castle, the White Cliffs of Dover, and Canterbury Cathedral. The journey takes you over the Greenwich Meridian and past the London district that is home to the famous Cutty Sark tea clipper, and the Royal Observatory. Then see Leeds Castle, described by Lord Conway as “the loveliest castle in the world.” Set in the middle of a natural lake, and surrounded by 500 acres of parkland and gardens, you will enter the castle before the doors open to the public, and experience its magic in an atmosphere of still tranquility. There will also be time to explore the castle grounds, where you will find the Lady Baillie Garden, with views over the lake. Next, make your way to Canterbury and visit the historic Canterbury Cathedral. The most important Anglican church in the world, the central Bell Harry Tower dates back to 1498, and the crypt is from the 11th-Century. Your guide will tell the story of the shocking murder of Archbishop Thomas Beckett in 1170, and there will also be time to explore the narrow streets of Canterbury, with an opportunity to stop for lunch. Continue your tour through the picturesque landscape of Kent, dotted with unusual buildings and quaint little villages. Arrive at Dover, where you will see the famous White Cliffs, standing 400 feet above sea level. Brooding above the White Cliffs is the sprawling Dover Castle, still watching over the town after 800 years.
IncludesEntrance to Leeds Castle (if option selected) Entrance to Canterbury Cathedral (if option selected) Personal audio headset Transportation Food and drinks
- VOX Radioguide®:The state of the art VOX Radioguide® system is used during the walking sections of this tour: guests are issued with a personal headset ensuring they never miss a word of the guide's commentary
- The tour runs in Japanese on Wednesdays and Saturdays
- Please note that the order in which the attractions are visited may vary seasonally or for operational reasons
- Hot food and drinks are not permitted on the tour bus
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability