From London: Stonehenge, Bath & Lacock Full-Day Sunrise Tour2 Reviews
Travel back in time on a day tour of 2 of England’s most historic attractions from London. Enjoy an exclusive, private viewing of the sun rise over the prehistoric stone circle of Stonehenge. Then, marvel at the Georgian buildings and Roman baths of Bath.
- Watch the sunrise from the inner circle of Stonehenge before the daytime crowds arrive
- Enjoy a pub breakfast in the National Trust village of Lacock
- Admire the elegant Georgian architecture of Bath
- See Roman artifacts in the Roman Baths Museum
- Learn the pagan significance of the Stonehenge monoliths with private access to the stones
- Drive through picturesque English counties, such as Wiltshire and Somerset
- Photograph the romantic Pulteney Bridge over the River Avon
DescriptionSee the remarkable prehistoric monument of Stonehenge at sunrise on a full-day tour from London. Enjoy these jaw-dropping monoliths with a unique viewing experience that guarantees direct access to the stones, unavailable to members of the general public. Depart the city at the crack of dawn, and escape the hustle and bustle of the “Big Smoke” as you travel west by air-conditioned coach. Upon arrival at Stonehenge, you will have privileged access to the inner stone circle to watch a dramatic sunrise before the day time crowds arrive. Built nearly 5,000 years ago, Stonehenge is one of the most popular prehistoric monuments in the world. Enjoy a private viewing of the mysterious monoliths as you stand by the mighty sarsen rock. Your guide will entertain you with stories about the site, and point out the altar, slaughter and heel stones, where the sun rises on the summer solstice. Continue to the small village of Lacock, founded in the Saxon era. Many of the buildings formed part of an extensive monastery complex. Now owned by the National Trust, the pretty village was the setting for Jane Austen's “Pride and Prejudice” and “Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.” There will be time for a delightful walk, before enjoying breakfast in a classic English pub. Next, go to the Roman city of Bath, famous for its elegant Georgian architecture at sites such as the Royal Crescent and Circus. Marvel at the city’s beautifully proportioned streets, and see the much-photographed Pulteney Bridge over the River Avon. End at the Roman Baths, the best preserved Roman spa from the ancient world. Dating back to AD 60, the Baths are still fed by the hot springs and limestone aquifers of the Mendip Hills. The museum houses artifacts from the Roman period, including objects and offerings thrown into the Sacred Spring.
IncludesExclusive entrance to the inner circle at Stonehenge Entrance to the Roman Baths Museum Transportation by luxury, air-conditioned coach Food and drinks Gratuities
- Enjoy an optional walking tour to the 17th-century Sally Lunn tea room and Jane Austin Museum in Bath.
- If you are bringing a child under 3-years-old, please inform the local partner upon booking.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability