London: British Museum Guided Tour386 Reviews
See art and antiquities from around the world at the UK’s largest museum. Take a 1.5-hour guided tour of the British Museum in London, and explore one of the oldest museums in the world. See relics from Ancient Egypt, Ancient Greece, and Ancient Rome.
- See the highlights of the British Museum with a licensed guide
- Marvel at the glass ceiling of the Great Court
- Discover relics from Ancient Rome, including the controversial Elgin Marbles
- Learn about the key to deciphering hieroglyphics at the Rosetta Stone
- Take a tailor-made tour of the very best of the British Museum
- Tour in a small group of no more than 20 people for a more intimate experience
DescriptionDiscover some of the highlights of the British Museum with a licensed guide, and get a flavor of one of the world’s oldest and finest museums. Because there is so much to see, you could spend a week at the British Museum and still not discover it all. Experience the best of the British Museum’s collections, starting with a view of the breathtaking ceiling. Admire the spectacular glass roof of the Great Court, a work of art in its own right. Then, see the world-famous “Rosetta Stone,” the key to deciphering Egyptian hieroglyphics. Admire the controversial Parthenon Sculptures, taken from the Parthenon in Athens by Lord Elgin, the former British ambassador to the Ottoman Empire. Go to the Ancient Egypt galleries to see the large collection of Egyptian mummies, and discover the Anglo-Saxon “Sutton Hoo” burial relics, as well as the “Winged Bulls” from Khorsabad.
IncludesGuided tour of the British Museum Commentary in English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, and Portuguese Headsets for more than 6 people Transportation Tips
- Bookings can be cancelled up to 72 hours prior to the tour with no penalty. No refund for cancellations after this time
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability