London: Old City Walking Tour83 Reviews
Travel back in time to the original square mile of London, nestled beside the River Thames. Explore the Old Town – or "The City" to locals - and learn about some of the most important events in British history as you see some of London’s oldest buildings.
- Discover the original square mile of London in The City
- See Wren's iconic St. Paul's Cathedral
- Cross the 'wobbly' Millennium Bridge
- Go to Tower Bridge and the Tower of London
- Hear stories of the blitz, great fire, and plague
- Pass the Tate Modern and Shakespeare's Globe on the banks of the River Thames
DescriptionTravel back to the origins of London on this 3-hour walking tour and discover the original square mile that nestled beside the River Thames. Known to Londoners as 'The City,' it has seen some of the most important events in British history and is home to some of London’s oldest buildings. As you tour, you will pass Sir Christopher Wren’s iconic St. Paul's Cathedral, Shakespeare's Globe Theater, The Tower of London, and Mansion House. Wander through the maze of small streets, church courtyards, and river walkways that make up the old town, and breathe life into a history that stretches back almost 2,000 years. You will also see some of the modern sights, such as the pedestrian Millennium Bridge – also known as the “Wobbly Bridge” – leading from St. Paul’s to the fantastic Tate Modern Art Gallery set in a renovated power station. You will stroll alongside the River Thames to see HMS Belfast and Tower Bridge, hear stories of how London survived the blitz during World War 2, and visit the Church of the Knights Templar, of Da Vinci Code fame.
IncludesTour Local guide Pick up or drop-off at your accommodation
- This tour is wheelchair accessible
- Children under 13 years old go free of charge
- This tour usually includes the sites and stories mentioned and lasts about 3 hours but it is subject to change depending on what your guide thinks is best for your group
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY