London: Private Underground and Tube Tour2 Reviews
A 2-hour tour to some of the oldest, deepest and most famous London underground stations.
- Travel along London’s oldest stretch of railway line
- Learn why it was important to know which way to travel on the circle line
- Learn about London’s ghost stations
DescriptionMind the gap and welcome aboard this journey through 150 years of London’s Underground history. The London Underground was first opened in 1863 and has grown into one of the world's leading metropolitan railway networks. The tour will begin at Paddington station, before taking you to some of London’s most famous, deepest, beautiful and peculiar underground stations. Throughout your tour you will learn about how London received it's underground; how the different lines used to be owned by rival companies and find out why we now have electric trains instead of steam engines. On each tour the route may change slightly depending on improvement work being conducted to the network. On this fascinating walking tour you will find out how accurate the tube map really is, discover some of the ghosts stations of London as well as all the quirks and things that go unnoticed when traveling through stations on a regular basis. The tour will conclude at Sloane Square.
IncludesProfessional guide Gratuities (optional) Travel costs
- Please note that, owing to the nature of the locations visited, this tour is not accessible for wheelchair users or for parents with prams.
- A zone 1 travel card or an Oyster card topped up with at least £7 of pay-as-you-go credit is required
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability