My Guide Website?
Windsor Castle Admission Ticket4212 Reviews
Explore Windsor Castle and the State Apartments with this entry ticket. Learn about the castle’s history, and marvel at treasures from the royal collection.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in London:If youʻre booking your trip to London last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From London: Downton Abbey and Village Coach Tour
- London: Tootbus Christmas Lights Tour
- London: Tootbus Must-See Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour with Cruise
- London: Changing of the Guard Walking Tour
- London 007 James Bond Locations Bus Tour
- Explore Windsor Castle, the oldest and largest occupied castle in the world
- Admire some of the royal collection's finest treasures in the State Apartments
- See magnificent masterpieces by Holbein, Rubens, Van Dyck, and more
- Take a self-guided tour of the castle with a free multimedia guide
- Visit St. George's Chapel where Henry VIII was laid to rest (except on Sundays)
DescriptionEstablished in the 11th century by William the Conqueror, Windsor Castle is the oldest and largest occupied castle in the world. It has been remodeled by a succession of kings and queens, including Henry II, Charles II, and George IV. Your ticket provides admission to the Castle, including the magnificent State Apartments, which are furnished with some of the finest treasures from the royal collection. Among the masterpieces are paintings by Holbein, Rubens, and Van Dyck, as well as fine English and French furniture. During the winter months, the sumptuous private apartments created by George IV, known as the Semi-State Rooms, are added to the visitor route. Your admission also includes access to St. George's Chapel (except on Sundays). This is one of the most beautiful ecclesiastical buildings in England, and is the final resting place for 10 monarchs, including Henry VIII and Charles I. There is a lot to see and do at Windsor Castle, so please allow enough time to make the most of your visit, which is likely to last between 2.5 and 3 hours. The Castle is situated at the top of a steep hill, and the visitor route covers long distances, so comfortable shoes are advised.
IncludesWindsor Castle admission ticket Multimedia guide Access to St. George's Chapel (except on Sundays)
- St. George's Chapel will close at 1:00 PM on December 23 and 24
- Tickets purchased through GetYourGuide cannot be converted into a 1-year-pass
- Smoking, including e-cigarettes, is not permitted.
- Security and opening arrangements may be subject to change at short notice.
- Photography and filming, including the use of wearable devices, are not permitted inside the State Apartments, the Semi-State Rooms, or St. George's Chapel.
- St George’s Chapel is closed to visitors on Sundays (service).
- Changing of the Guard can be seen most days.