Windsor Castle Admission Ticket1509 Reviews
Explore Windsor Castle, the favorite weekend home of Queen Elizabeth II. During your visit you’ll learn about the Castle’s history, explore the State Apartments, and marvel at treasures from the royal collection. You’ll see St. George's Chapel as well.
- Explore Windsor Castle, the oldest and largest occupied castle in the world
- Visit the magnificent State Apartments, furnished with some of the finest treasures from the royal collection
- See St. George's Chapel, the burial site of King Henry VIII
DescriptionEstablished in the 11th century by William the Conqueror, Windsor Castle is the oldest and largest occupied castle in the world. It has been remodeled by a succession of kings and queens, including Henry II, Charles II, and George IV. Today The Queen spends most of her private weekends at Windsor Castle, which is also used regularly for ceremonial and state occasions. Your ticket provides admission to the Castle, including the magnificent State Apartments, which are furnished with some of the finest treasures from the royal collection. Among the masterpieces are paintings by Holbein, Rubens, and Van Dyck, as well as fine English and French furniture. During the winter months, the sumptuous private apartments created by George IV, known as the Semi-State Rooms, are added to the visitor route. Your admission also includes access to St. George's Chapel. This is one of the most beautiful ecclesiastical buildings in England, and is the final resting place for 10 monarchs, including Henry VIII and Charles I. There is a lot to see and do at Windsor Castle, so please allow enough time to make the most of your visit, which is likely to last between 2.5 and 3 hours. The Castle is at situated at the top of a steep hill, and the visitor route covers long distances, so comfortable shoes are advised.
IncludesWindsor Castle admission ticket Multimedia guide in English Transfers Multimedia tour guide
- St. George's Chapel will close at 1:00 PM on December 23 and 24
- Tickets purchased through GetYourGuide cannot be converted into a 1-year-pass
- Smoking, including e-cigarettes, is not permitted.
- Security and opening arrangements may be subject to change at short notice.
- Photography and filming, including the use of wearable devices, are not permitted inside the State Apartments, the Semi-State Rooms, or St. George's Chapel.
- St George’s Chapel is closed to visitors on Sundays (service).
- Changing of the Guard can be seen most days.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability