London: Changing of the Guard Walking Tour343 Reviews
See British tradition come to life on this fully guided Changing of the Guard Walking Tour to ensure you get the best views of this spectacular ceremony that doesn’t just show you the Changing of the Guard – you experience it.
- Marvel at the precision with which the Queen’s Foot Guards march to Buckingham Palace
- Experience a quintessential London tradition - the Changing of the Guards
- Navigate the crowds expertly with your guide to the best viewing points
DescriptionDon’t make the same mistake that many visitors so often – and understandably – make, believing the prime vantage point to experience this time-honored tradition is from outside Buckingham Palace. Spectator enthusiasm quickly turns to disappointment when they realize, after waiting for hours, only to see the end of this unique performance, their view often blocked by a throng of crowds. Instead, follow your guide on a dynamic journey that will take you through the entire Changing of the Guard from beginning to end. You guide will expertly navigate the crowds taking you to the best – and most photographable – viewpoints. As an expert on the history of this fascinating ceremony, you will be given invaluable insight and knowledge into every detail of this British spectacle. With your own personal headset allowing you to easily follow your guide’s entertaining commentary, you can fully take in the splendor parading past you. If you book your tour on Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday, you’ll experience the change of the Household Cavalry. Marvel at the precision with which the Queen’s Foot Guards march to Buckingham Palace, clad in their iconic red tunics and bearskin hats, or admire the gleaming coats of the Household Cavalry’s horses as they emerge at Horse Guard’s Parade. With a small group of only 15 persons or fewer, you will be able to move quickly from vantage point to vantage point with your guide pointing out interesting details while you take as many photographs as you want.
IncludesExpert, English-speaking guide Small groups of 20 persons or fewer Headsets when appropriate Gratuities Hotel pick-up/ drop-off
- The Changing of the Guard ceremony is subject to changes in date, time and cancellation at the discretion of British authorities. Cancellation due to bad weather is not announced before 11am. Even when cancelled, customers will still see a ‘wet change’ during which the guards march but without the usual music and parade
- Please note that the changing of the guard schedule may change and on different dates we will see either foot guards or horse guards
- Regretfully, guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance cannot be accommodated – the tour operator is also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on group tours
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability