Fully-Guided Houses of Parliament & No Wait Westminster Tour9 Reviews
Step into the heart of the British democracy with the only fully guided visit through Westminster Abbey and the Houses of Parliament.
- Enjoy the best, fully guided tour of the Houses of Parliament
- Explore Westminster Abbey and the history of this iconic church
- See the most important rooms in the Palace of Westminster
- Immerse yourself in the living history of British democracy
DescriptionDiscover the unique stories, traditions and lore of one of Europe’s oldest constitutional monarchies. Enter Westminster Abbey, Britain’s most cherished church. Learn from a local expert guide how the British monarchy helped shape the country’s conversion to democracy, as well as a few interesting tidbits about Winston Churchill, one of the only non-royals to ever lay in state in the Abbey after his death. Then it’s on to Parliament. While most people see it with an audio guide, you’ll be shown around by a tour guide who has spent years studying the facts and events that really immerse you in the story of this amazing building. Beneath the titanic timbers of 600 ancient oak trees, learn about the history of the building, how it was almost lost to fire numerous times and how it keeps reinventing itself to accommodate new generations of royals and politicians. You’ll also peek into the room where the Queen dons her crown and ermine-trimmed cape before she officially opens the sessions of each new parliament. Head into the engine room of British democracy; the Chamber of the House of Commons, where Britain’s elected Masters of Parliament face off (literally) over how to run the country. From this hotbed of democratic zeal, head over to the chamber of the House of Lords, where peers who had inherited their titles from the bluest bloodlines in the nation used to sit. After learning some of the highlights of the building’s history, including a failed bomb plot in 1605 that the British still celebrate today (ever hear of Guy Fawkes Night?), head into two of the most unique rooms in the building: the Division Lobbies. It’s in these rooms that, according to a tradition that dates back to Ancient Rome, opposing sides gather before a parliamentary vote, the ‘Ayes’ in one room, the ‘Noes’ in another and are then counted as they leave. As you stroll these halls, you are literally walking in the footsteps of men like Henry VIII and Winston Churchill. History, legend, lore and a lot of pomp and circumstance mix and mingle as you take in nearly one thousand years of history from one of the best guides in London.
IncludesEntrance to Westminster Abbey Entrance to Houses of Parliament Fully guided tour inside Houses of Parliament & Westminster Abbey Headsets Small groups of 20 people, from 1 March 2020 the group size will have a maximum of 25 people Food & Beverages Gratuities Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Unfortunately this tour is unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments and no wheelchairs or strollers are allowed on the tour
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before tour start time
- Westminster Abbey is subject to closure during special celebrations/festivities, including the Easter ceremonies. If this occurs during your visit, we will run an alternative itinerary that includes and explanation of the Abbey from the outside.
- Please note that for security reasons bag searches will take place at Westminster Abbey and Houses of Parliament.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability