My Guide Website?
London: Experience the Changing of The Guard1165 Reviews
Get closer to the world-famous Changing of the Guard ceremony in London on a private or small-group tour led by a local. Discover the significance behind one of the most iconic British traditions.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in London:If youʻre booking your trip to London last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- London: Jack the Ripper Walking Tour with Ripper-Vision
- Full-Day London Sightseeing Tour – Historic & Modern
- London: River Thames Speed Boat Tour
- Harry Potter Family Package with Transfers from London
- From London: Harry Potter Warner Bros Studio Tour
- March to the beating drum of this world-famous British ceremony
- Get an in-depth look into British history, tradition, and the royal family
- Follow the guards on their journey towards Buckingham Palace on foot
- Uncover the lesser-known symbolism behind every button, gesture, and color
- Take part in British culture and enjoy an authentic experience in London
DescriptionJoin the guards as they march towards Buckingham Palace on a unique guided tour in London. Get closer for fantastic photo opportunities and delve deep into the history behind the Changing of the Guard ceremony. Meet your local guide for your private or small group tour (depending on the option booked) and set off on your unforgettable Changing of the Guard experience. As you follow the guards on their march towards Buckingham Palace, your guide will give meaning to one of the oldest and most iconic British ceremonies. You'll soon know your Welsh from your Grenadier, and become an expert in fuzzy bearskin hats. Trace the origins of this dazzling London spectacle and get a handle on the significance of every color, button, mascot, symbol, and movement in this most British of traditions. Feel the thrill as you march to the beating drums of the iconic Changing of the Guard ceremony on this one-of-a-kind experience in London.
IncludesTour guide Changing of the Guard viewing Private tour (if option selected)
- This tour takes place rain or shine You will not stand at the forecourt of Buckingham Palace as, due to crowds, you would see very little It is at the discretion of the British Army to change or cancel the ceremony. The announcement will not be made until after 10:30 AM If the full ceremony is canceled, there will still be the chance to see the guards marching without the music