My Guide Website?
London: Westminster in WW2 and Churchill War Rooms Entrance243 Reviews
Discover the epicentre of British democracy during World War II as you explore Westminster and Churchill's War Room. See where decisions were made and plans were laid to repel the German invasion.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in London:If youʻre booking your trip to London last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- London: Jack the Ripper Walking Tour with Ripper-Vision
- Full-Day London Sightseeing Tour – Historic & Modern
- London: River Thames Speed Boat Tour
- Harry Potter Family Package with Transfers from London
- From London: Harry Potter Warner Bros Studio Tour
- Keep calm and carry on for this walking tour of Westminster in WW2
- See world-famous sights such as Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, Downing Street
- Discover the life and legacy of Churchill
- Hassle-free entrance to the world-famous bunkers known as Churchill’s War Rooms
- Engaging for all age groups
DescriptionIt’s time to go back to the 1940s. Big Ben no longer sounds. Air raid sirens are the norm. German bombing raids come under cover of darkness. The population lives with rations and restrictions. Many Brits lay down their lives in Europe and beyond. With your local expert guide, you will keep calm and carry on, learning about the British resolve and getting the inside scoop on the truth behind Westminster in wartime on this walking tour past important monuments like the Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, the Cenotaph, Ministry of War, 10 Downing Street and Whitehall. After your Westminster small group experience, bid your new-found friend and guide a fond farewell to descend into the War Rooms. At your own pace, discover the miles of strategic bunkers where Winston Churchill and his cabinet were to conduct their part in WW2. This unforgettable location is frozen in time and ready to be discovered once again.
IncludesShared group or private tour Guided walking tour of Westminster English-speaking local expert guide Small groups of 15 people or fewer Entrance to Churchill’s War Rooms Audio guide in the War Rooms
- All visitors must pass through security. This tour will take place rain or shine.