My Guide Website?
Southampton to London via Downton Abbey & Cotswolds19 Reviews
Discover a world of delightful villages, hidden valleys and meandering streams on this fully guided cruise transfer to London & Heathrow, via Downton Abbey Filming Locations and Cotswolds Villages, including a fabulous lunch in a 15th century inn.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in London:If youʻre booking your trip to London last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- London: Jack the Ripper Walking Tour with Ripper-Vision
- Full-Day London Sightseeing Tour – Historic & Modern
- London: River Thames Speed Boat Tour
- Harry Potter Family Package with Transfers from London
- From London: Harry Potter Warner Bros Studio Tour
- Take advantage of door-to-door service from Southampton to London
- Explore picturesque Cotswolds villages in the company of an expert guide
- Visit iconic Downton Abbey filming locations during your journey
- Take a break to enjoy a delicious lunch in a traditional pub
- Get dropped off at your hotel, Heathrow Airport, or selected train stations
DescriptionTake your seats on the luxury coach as you set off from Southampton northwards into the much loved Cotswold region of England, famous for its honey-coloured stone villages and leafy valleys. Your local guide has a wealth of information about this beautiful part of the world. Learn of the wool trade and how it played an important role in the shaping of the history of the area, and hear how the regions decline as a cloth producer saw the Cotswolds become a sleepy backwater, frozen in time. Thanks to the abundance of beautiful old houses in the Cotswolds it has often been used as a place for period dramas on film and TV. Your first stop is the charming village of Bampton which many of you will recognize as the village of Downton from the hit TV series 'Downton Abbey'. Here you can stroll around the village green and visit the church where a lot of major events took place on screen. See the Cottage Hospital, the post office, and Mrs Crawley's house. Drive along meandering lanes and rolling hills to the beautiful village of Burford where the ancient stone cottages seem to cascade down to the River Windrush. After a guided walk, you will enter an old tavern built in 1402 to have a delicious lunch amongst the old stone floors and wood fires. Continuing on your scenic drive you will head further northwards, arriving at Stow on the Wold with history going back to Roman times. Its vast market square would have held livestock fairs where up to 20,000 sheep would have been bought and sold. Visit the charming 16th century church and the Roman Wells. Stroll down the narrow alleys designed to keep the sheep in the square and the cold north wind out! Afterwards, continue your exploration of the Cotswolds, this time heading eastwards to take you to Heathrow airport and London to be dropped at your designated hotel or airport terminal.
IncludesTransportation during the activity Port pickup and hotel, airport, or train station drop-off Tour guide Lunch
- This service is available on all dates from April to November when Royal Caribbean, Oceania, NCL, Celebrity, Cunard, Princess, and Azamara cruise ships are visiting Southampton. If you are disembarking one of these ships and your ship docks late, the tour will wait for you.
- This service is also available to passengers on other ships not listed when dates and arrival times coincide with the ships listed. Please note you will need to make your own way to the ship the tour is servicing on that date.
- Each person is allowed a maximum of 2 items of hold luggage (23kg each) and 1 item of carry-on luggage (10kg).
- Should you wish to bring any mobility aids (wheelchairs or walkers) you must contact the local supplier in advance to let them know. They will require full dimensions and weight. These items must be able to be folded and stored in the luggage hold. Wheelchairs must be counted as one item of your hold luggage.