London: Dickens Walking Tour
Travel back in time to the London that Charles Dickens used to know and follow in the footsteps of one of the most famous writers in the history of literature. Get to explore the locations the writer knew and inspired his beautiful stories.
- Be guided by a world expert on the life and works of Charles Dickens
- Listen to beautiful quotes and stories
- Visit the sites that are mentioned in his world-famous stories such as 'The Pickwick Papers,' 'Our Mutual Friend,' 'Oliver Twist' and many other books
DescriptionStep back into a bygone era and get ready to learn about the wondrous life of Charles Dickens, beginning with his troubled childhood and ending with his breakthrough as an world renowned author. Visit some fragments of London that Charles Dickens not only knew but which he wrote about in his beautiful stories and gain an insight into the years that helped him into becoming a grand personality. Your guide will lead you through twisted alleyways and show you buildings and places including remains of the prison his father was incarcerated in. Listen to fascinating facts and beautiful quotes, while walking through ancient corners of London and enjoying breathtaking views of London’s skyline along the River Thames. During the walking tour, you will journey back to the 19th century and be amazed by some of the remarkable sites Dickens once knew, visited and wrote about.
IncludesProfessional guide Gratuities (optional)
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- This tour will go ahead come rain or shine, so please wear comfortable and weather appropriate walking shoes and clothing
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability