Shakespeare in London 3-Hour Guided Walking Tour
This unique Shakespeare tour has been designed for lovers of the world's greatest playwright and for anyone interested in Elizabethan London. Enjoy the official in-house Globe Theatre tour and visit Southwark Cathedral to admire its Shakespeare window.
- See where Shakespeare acted, drank with fellow actors, and worshipped
- Enjoy the official in-house tour of Sam Wanamaker's Globe Theatre
- Admire the stunning Shakespeare stained glass window in Southwark Cathedral
- See the site of the original Globe Theatre where Shakespeare's plays were performed
- Gaze at the ruins of Winchester Palace and the notorious Clink Prison
DescriptionEnjoy a unique half-day walking tour and experience all things Shakespeare! With your local English guide you’ll visit the famous Ferryman's Seat, the site of the Rose Theatre, the site of the original Globe Theatre, and the ruins of Winchester Palace. Walk by the historic Clink Prison and by Southwark Cathedral, with its stained-glass Shakespeare window. You’ll also enjoy the official in-house tour of the Globe Theatre. Let your entertaining tour guide show you the lanes walked by Shakespeare in the old Southbank pleasure district, church pews where he worshiped, and pubs where he drank with his fellow actors. You’ll stop at the half-way point at the smart café located in the Cathedral, for a bit of a rest and to enjoy tea, coffee, and pastries. You'll then work your way back from the Cathedral towards Sam Wanamaker's amazing recreation of the Globe Theatre, where there'll be time to enjoy their official guided tour. Afterwards you can enjoy the exhibition area of the theater at your leisure.
IncludesAdmission fees Local English-speaking tour guide Café refreshments
- Tours are conducted daily. This is a walking tour so be sure to dress comfortably for the season. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability