London: 3-Hour Art Deco Taxi Tour
There are over 100 examples of Art Deco architecture in London, from the landmark Broadcasting House to the finest underground stations. This Art Deco London Taxi Tour will maximize the time you get to spend gazing at the splendor of London's Art Deco.
- See the finest examples of London's Art Deco
- Enjoy a peek inside some of the Art Deco buildings that have been preserved or restored
- Visit a range of purpose-built Art Deco buildings and discover how they are used now
DescriptionArt Deco affected all forms of design from the roaring 1920s until the 1930s. Art Deco jewelry, photography, clothing and other products with bold shapes, colors and geometric designs were collectable in their own right. Art Deco was also used in the design of buildings for all to enjoy. On your 3-hour Art Deco London Taxi Tour, you can expect to see a range of Art Deco architecture. London may not have anything as tall as the New York skyscrapers, but the city does have its own monuments to the Art Deco style, and these are not to be missed. In addition to the opulence and grandeur, the functional will also be included with examples of housing, factories, cinemas, London underground stations and theatres - all perfect examples of the modernist working, domestic and social life of Londoners almost 100 years ago. Taking in a range of buildings will also allow you to see the work of various architects and designers who contributed, sometimes only once and sometimes prolifically, to Art Deco London. Your private Art Deco taxi tour has been designed to enable you to appreciate the interior of the buildings you will visit as well as the exterior. Make sure that there are a number of buildings where you can go inside and see the Art Deco splendor that has been preserved. At the end of this particular tour, you will be dropped off at the V&A Museum or the Royal Institute of British Architects Museum to continue with your Art Deco themed day. Perhaps after finishing your tour, you would like to have a fabulous cream tea or gin tasting session at Claridge's – the Art Deco jewel in the crown. Just ask to make it happen. Your Art Deco London Taxi Tour will include the following locations: - Broadway House - Senate House - The Oxo Building - The Adelphi - Daimler Car High Garages - Claridges - The Dorchester - The Oden - Kingsley Court - Bonhams - The Duke of York - Park Royal Station - Broadcasting House - The Second Church of Christ Scientist - and so much more...
IncludesPIck-up and drop-off Admission fees The cost of refreshment or meals Gratuities - always at your discretion
- The iconic London black taxis can accommodate up to 5 adults
- The booking price is for the taxi tour and not per person
- All of the London Taxi Tour Guides have passed the world-famous Knowledge of London exam and have on average been driving a London Black Taxi for over 25 years. In addition, many of the London taxi tour guides have additional tour guide qualifications which means their knowledge of London history, buildings, places and people is second to none. Their knowledge and passion for London means that you can be confident that whatever tour you chose, it will be fun, informative and memorable. Your Taxi Tour Guide will also have numerous anecdotes and personal stories to share with you on that day
- Making your tour the perfect London Taxi Tour - If you want to see a particular sight on your private tour and don’t know if it is covered, just make this known to make it happen
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability