Oxford, Stratford & Cotswolds Villages Small-Group Tour24 Reviews
Travel by luxury mini-coach through the scenic English countryside to The Cotswolds. Spend plenty of time off the bus, enjoying a guided tour of Oxford and its centuries-old university, and Stratford-upon-Avon, with an optional Shakespeare’s house visit.
- See the sights of Oxford and Stratford-upon-Avon on guided walks
- Enjoy an optional visit to Shakespeare’s birthplace in Stratford
- Experience a slice of real England that’s quite a contrast to the hustle and bustle of London
- Admire the beautiful Cotswolds scenery and picturesque villages
DescriptionEscape the bustle of London on a full-day sightseeing tour to see some of England's most glorious sights and countryside. Travel in a 16-seat Mercedes mini-coach, and enjoy an intimate, personalized experience as you visit Oxford, Stratford, and Cotswolds villages. Head out of the city on a route that shows you some of off-the-beaten-path London, and your guide will provide full commentary along the way. Then travel into the countryside, heading north-west to picturesque Stratford-upon-Avon. Before you arrive in Stratford, hear about the town’s history and its most famous resident, William Shakespeare. On arrival you’ll have the option of visiting Shakespeare’s birthplace if you wish, or you can explore the town on your own. Enjoy lunch in Stratford, and then take a guided walk through the town that includes a stop at the unusual church where Shakespeare is buried. Leaving Stratford the tour heads south to Oxford, passing through the stunning landscape of The Cotswolds. See some of the loveliest villages that the country has to offer. Narrow country lanes wind their way through classically English villages with clusters of thatched cottages. When you arrive at the world-renowned university city of Oxford, your guide will lead you on a walking tour to take in the city’s stunning architecture. See Oxford University’s colleges, some dating back 900 years. Explore gardens, alleys, pubs, and other hidden delights this city has to offer, as you hear about its history. After the walking tour, you’ll have plenty of time to explore further at your own pace, armed with a map provided by your guide. Afterwards the coach will head back to London, arriving at around 08:00 PM.
IncludesTransportation by comfortable air-conditioned 16-seat Mercedes mini-coach Professional and friendly driver and guide Personalized tour experience Walking tour of Stratford and Oxford Bottled water Drop off in central London (zone 1) on return Optional admission to Shakespeare’s birthplace Lunch
- This is guaranteed to be a genuine small-group tour, with a maximum of 16 participants. Touring with a maximum of 16 participants means that you get more for your money, more time off the bus, more time on the back roads, more personal attention, more time with locals, and a more friendly, authentic experience. As you will be spending significant time outside, it is recommended that you bring clothing and footwear suitable for time off the bus. Please note that children must be over the age of 3 to participate in this tour. You must inform the tour operator in writing, by email/post, if you wish to cancel a tour on The English Bus. On cancelation, you will receive a refund as follows:
- 28 days or more before the tour date, you’ll receive 100 per cent of the tour value
- between 27 and 15 days before departure, a 50 per cent refund will be provided
- 14 days or less prior to departure, no refund is available
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY